Happy Halloween

Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

The Trick or Treaters {2015}
by splat
[Yesterday at 11:49:59 PM]
Candy Corn {2018}
by Mr. Awesome
[Yesterday at 09:28:39 PM]
Fuck Yeah Halloween! {2017}
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 08:58:16 PM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 11:14:12 AM]
American Guinea Pig
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 06:12:33 AM]
Creatures From the Abyss (1994)
by splat
[Yesterday at 02:17:41 AM]
Withdrawal (2017) - Short Film - Mayvmi Films
by Mayvmi
[October 20, 2017, 10:50:40 PM]
Antithesis (2016)
by splat
[October 20, 2017, 10:40:17 PM]
magGot Films...{films that kill}
by splat
[October 20, 2017, 06:04:27 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by splat
[October 19, 2017, 09:00:21 PM]
black lava entertainment
by splat
[October 19, 2017, 08:50:39 PM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[October 19, 2017, 04:47:23 PM]
House of Blood {2013}
by splat
[October 18, 2017, 05:30:41 PM]
Tantrum 2: Phantom of the Demon
by splat
[October 17, 2017, 08:43:30 PM]
Sulphur for Leviathan
by woodenheart
[October 16, 2017, 05:33:11 PM]

Author Topic: Bonehill Road {2017}  (Read 2859 times)

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • Deadbeat posting at Dawn
Bonehill Road {2017}
« on: April 15, 2017, 07:58:22 AM »

Director; Todd Sheets

Whatever you do… stay off Bonehill Road at night.

Remember how cool werewolf movies used to be? Films like An American Werewolf in London and The Howling were loaded with some of the most badass creature effects in the genre’s history, but cool werewolf flicks of that sort have sadly fallen by the wayside in recent years. Computer generated wolves and transformation scenes, well, they’re just not nearly as awesome.

The last great one? Late Phases. Check it out if you haven’t yet.

Todd Sheets, a prolific shot-on-video filmmaker from back in the early days of VHS, is returning to the horror genre with upcoming werewolf film Bonehill Road, and he intends on channeling the glory days of werewolf films past. He promises that the throwback movie will feature loads of retro-style practical effects and absolutely ZERO CGI, and he’s even releasing it on VHS!

Bonehill Road was successfully funded through Indiegogo this year, and Sheets describes it as a dream project that will be a true, old school, American made werewolf movie

In Sheets’ own words:

Bonehill Road is an homage to classic monster films like The Howling and An American Werewolf In London. In some ways, it is a throwback to the films we grew up with… the real horror movies that we all love so much, and in another way it is a modern horror flick that uses old school techniques, including Practical Monster Effects. NO CGI at all here. Our goal is to make an exciting, scary monster movie with some really cool werewolves.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bonehill-road-old-school-werewolf-film-horror#/

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
Re: Bonehill Road {2017}
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:56:44 AM »
Fuck yesss...the underground needs a few monster movies! Should be nice and gory too!

Totally agree about Late Phases too!

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
....guessing a LOT of people are feeling the same way too ~

$7,091 USD raised by 86 backers
284% of $2,500
flexible goal
24 days left

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »

The final poster from Alexander Cherepanov has been unleashed!!!  Check it out below.  Alexander just decided to do this out of love for the project.  I swear we have the BEST friends out there, so much love and support for the film. Just unreal. No one has ever achieved greatness without dreams.... and you all are making our dreams a reality. Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. But YOU have done that. Thanks to you, something new and wonderful and original will be born into the world... something that NEVER EXISTED before we all worked together and made it happen. You are part of the creation. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, people can do amazing things... Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Thank you.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 06:00:25 AM »
Todd Sheets
1 hr ·

Another new member of the Extreme Family arrived today... Very proud of this beastie! Great work from our friends at GDS-FX for Bonehill Road!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »
Campaign is still going as InDemand https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bonehill-road-old-school-werewolf-film-horror#/ people want underground monsters!

Fuck it just contributed for the DVD & CD!

Offline Mr. Awesome

• Twisted
  • kjhdfkdjhs
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 09:29:37 PM »
I don't give a fuck if it's "underground" or not. I just want it to be good.

How long do I have to get in on this? I'll decide soon.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2017, 09:37:31 PM »
Estimated time is October

Offline dobermann65

• Twisted
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »
Wow the trailer is absolutly great!!!!!!!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 04:48:16 AM »
His reasons for loving movies....Same.  :red_heart:

Todd Sheets
2 hrs ·
Lots going on, Linnea Barbara Quigley will be here in about 10 hours. Much to prep for. Trying to finish this last edit for tonight. And something is nagging at my mind....
Gotta admit I am a bit disappointed. I am staying positive, but I feel a bit frustrated and hurt. I am always about helping, offering a hand or advice and more, but when someone has made a commitment to work on Bonehill Road, has been in on our schedule talks, knows what we are doing and the difficulty level, knows when we are filming, and not only never shows up but then starts their own damned film at the SAME TIME... and then asks half of my cast and crew to be involved in their project... feels kind of disrespectful to me. And like a slap in the face to every single person who is working on Bonehill Road... cast, crew and every IndieGoGo contributor. Bonehill Road and every person busting their asses deserves better than that. I swear this town has too many egomaniacs in the so called "film business" and not enough humility, honor and people with integrity. My advice, and something I wish someone would have told me 27 years ago - be humble, learn all you can... read every book you can find, work on every film you can, do NOT burn the bridge of people who have tried to help you and have been good to you... and when you actually have HALF a clue what you are doing, then make your damned movie. Just because you carried a light stand, stood around as an extra or threw some fake blood around does not make you a Director. Too many Cell Phone Scorsese wanna be "experts" who lay in a pool of blood one day and the next they are Alfred friggin Hitchcock, trying to take your damned team away from you in the middle of the biggest film of your career so far. Feels great. Really. Sorry if I seem cynical, but I get real tired of being used, screwed over and treated like basic crap. And the more success you have, the worse the jealousy, backstabbing and usage gets.
The difference is, I didn't JUST decide one day, "Wow, that looks fun, maybe I'll be a DIRECTOR!!!" I didn't even realize when I was young that was what I was doing when I made Super 8 movies. I made them because I LOVED film. I loved everything about movies. I was 7 years old quoting not only Drive In Movies, but also Maltese Falcon and Universal Monster films, Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes... I LOVED movies dearly. They improved my life in ways I cannot even mention. My childhood was difficult. Moving all the time. I was always the "new kid" and everytime I made friends, it was for a shot time and I was gone again. MOVIES helped me. As I got older, all I ever wanted was to make movies. I would take my Dad's Super 8 camera and his film for Holidays and use it to make "epics" with my friends. It was in my soul. The magic I felt in the theaters in the Summer when I'd settled down in the air-conditioned darkness and watch the screen come alive with monsters and evil things from some guys worst nightmares. I loved it all. It was a magical environment. I hope in some way to "GIVE BACK" to the world of cinema by in some way doing the same for people. When I had a terrible day, a horrible week... when the parents were at war or the teachers had issues... whatever it was... I would watch a movie and things would be better, if only for 90 minutes. It would make things better. I hope to do that for people with the movies we make. That is another major goal for me. To be honored by someone who takes the time to sit and watch something we all created with blood, sweat, passion and heart. NOTHING is as rewarding as having someone entertained by one of our films.
I do this first because I love doing it. Not to make money off some poor kid at a convention, not to rip anyone off, not to be a big shot producer or director. I do it because I love entertaining people with Horror. My dream is to bring back the Drive-In's of yesterday. Horror is my passion and my cinematic true love. From the first time I caught CREATURE FEATURE and read Famous Monsters when I was barely walking and Lon Chaney Jr. made me howl - Horror and I have been a match made in Hell. It is the genre I love the most and I find it the most rewarding artistically... Plus I believe that it does indeed stimulate the imagination more than other genres. My goal is to learn something new everyday and keep getting better and I will continue to grow as a filmmaker. No matter how many movies I make, years from now, I still will not "know-it-all" because you never stop learning and to do so would be to stop being an artist and a lover of creating film, to do so would be to become a hack. I will never just be a guy who does it all for a dollar and does not grow and evolve.
WOW! Thank you for every friend who reads this NOVEL. I had no idea how long it was. I guess I just needed to vent about this. Hell, even scary Horror directors get their feelings hurt. And I am kind of tired of the BS and of being used and hurt by people who honestly need to take a few deep looks in a mirror. Some I can promise you are doing this for seriously WRONG reasons. I just have no time or patience for an ego problem. I threw my ego out years back. I hate egomaniacs and in my very early years, when I sure had NO RIGHT to have one, ego raised it's ugly head and I hated who that was. SO I vowed to be rid of that monster. And I fight that beast and keep it chained up as much as possible.
For those who misuse others for their business gains: you can never pluck the real essence of a beautiful heart and a beautiful mind. Be aware of those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they support and believe in you, but behind their backs they they are in to destroy your legacy and steal what you have spent years building, taking as much knowledge and connections you have cultivated as possible to use for their own lazy lives. To these parasites, I say - Be your own person, find your own contacts, find your own crew, learn the business YOURSELF... PAY YOUR DUES!!!!! Pay your dues, you nasty bastards. Only a true parasite will give the impression of being your friend while resenting every progress/success in your life. GET YOUR OWN LIFE, stop stealing from mine. PAY YOUR DAMNED DUES!!!! The army of sycophants has turned into a horde of hungry zombies. And sadly.... the only way to stop 'em is to put 'em down where they stand. No going back.
I feel that we must tell people how it is, be real and be straight. Jealousy is a disease, and woe to you who is consumed by such an ugly, treacherous thing. It is this destructive mentality that makes people think that tearing someone else down builds you up. It doesn't. And whatever idiot believes in you for that few moments will soon fade away. Because you'll do it to them too one day. There will always be someone willing to hurt you, put you down, gossip about you, belittle your accomplishments and judge your soul. It is a fact that we all must face. But your success and continued strength in the face of negative people will TRIUMPH!!! And they'll hate you even more as they dig their own holes. Thank you again all of my friends!!!
Now, off to edit and film for the next 4 days straight! Woot!!!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
Eli DeGeer updated her cover photo.
2 hrs ·
So, you've heard who's on the set of Bonehill Road this weekend, right? The one and only Scream Queen Legend Linnea Quigley!! I can't wait to work with her! She's absolutely delightful. ❤ If you haven't grabbed YOUR own BONEHILL ROAD merch, head here to pre-order:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bonehill-road-old-school-werewolf-film-horror#/

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 11:35:33 PM »
Same here about everything Todd states....was like going deeper not the words and going "HEY!".

Deep down I knew I wanted to do this as well but being so far away from a scene like this at the time and growing older I thought it was a pipe dream....need millions, be part of the system etc etc...until I watch Recompence and then I KNEW!

Yeah shame about the dick part...people out there who are willing to fuck people ver to either get what they want....or....if they don't get it do whatever it takes to ram one up your butt!

So looking forwards to Mr. Sheets BIGGEST FUCKING MOVIE TO DATE!!!!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »