Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by Mayvmi
[Today at 06:08:23 AM]
Mouth To Mouth (2005)
by perturbed
[Yesterday at 11:18:36 PM]
The Man With Two Brains (1983)
by perturbed
[Yesterday at 11:10:15 PM]
The President's Last Bang (2005)
by perturbed
[Yesterday at 11:05:03 PM]
mentalheadtraumafilms
by splat
[Yesterday at 10:02:15 PM]
Difficulty Breathing {2017} 2018 Release
by splat
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 PM]
The Strangers: Prey At Night (2018)
by splat
[November 21, 2017, 10:22:00 PM]
Withdrawal (2017) - Short Film - Mayvmi Films
by splat
[November 21, 2017, 09:57:50 PM]
The Bad Man (2016)
by woodenheart
[November 21, 2017, 07:33:03 PM]
Blade of the Immortal {2017}
by Seikotik
[November 21, 2017, 04:46:35 PM]
BRUTAL. A Japanese Extreme Violent Romance Film
by Mayvmi
[November 21, 2017, 04:25:53 PM]
black lava entertainment
by woodenheart
[November 20, 2017, 06:03:02 PM]
Bonehill Road {2017}
by woodenheart
[November 20, 2017, 04:33:10 PM]
Short Films From the UNDERGROUND.
by woodenheart
[November 20, 2017, 04:31:50 AM]
Blaze of Gory {2014}
by splat
[November 13, 2017, 10:12:28 PM]

Author Topic: Hounds of Love  (Read 2447 times)

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • Deadbeat posting at Dawn
Hounds of Love
« on: May 20, 2017, 09:18:51 AM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3896738/

http://www.houndsoflovemovie.com/

https://www.facebook.com/houndsoflovemovie/

Director: Ben Young

A cold-blooded predatory couple while cruising the streets in search of their next victim, will stumble upon a 17-year-old high school girl, who will be sedated, abducted and chained in the strangers' guest room.

Offline CountOrlok

• Debauched
  • We're all just complicated arrangements of atoms
Re: Hounds of Love
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 01:03:07 AM »

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 04:20:51 AM »
Yep! It said it was based on true events.

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • Tu Fui, Ego Eris ~
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 05:36:44 AM »
I did not like it very much :( . Although the technical and visual section is very good, the film as a whole seemed rather loose. It starts well, promises a lot, the performances are convincing....everything looks good, but when half the film comes, you start (at least I) to predict how the end will be, and wishing to be wrong, but nope, unfortunately it was as I had supposed. Okay, I know ... someone might say that it is based on real events, but I leave that element out of my opinion, because I'm watching a movie, and I analyze it considering only that fact.

Some scenes in particular that I did not like:

- The woman at the end who did not have the guts for anything ends up killing her couple right at the last moment? Really? And everything happens just at the moment when the girl's mother is across the street... oh come on.

- And the last scene where the mother and the girl run down the street to get together and give each other a hug, in that ending that obviously seeks the tear.

A 5/10 for me.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 06:40:59 AM »
A 8/10 for me! Fantastic cinematography! And John what a creepy fuck.  Amazing score.

I loved the fact that less is more. Use your imagination. When they enter the room where Vicki is kept, music loudly playing, slow motion and her screaming, door closing, you can just think what they were gonna do to her. Just chilling...love that feeling.

Great Aussie indie film. Keep them coming.  :red_heart:

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • Tu Fui, Ego Eris ~
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:07:55 PM »
Yes, that was something that worked very well in this movie. Sometimes you want to see everything, I recognize that many times I ask for that, that I want to seeee everything!!, but there are certain occasions (few) where we don't need that, when the director has the enough confidence and talent to provoke the same sensation without showing us what is actually happening, if it is done well it is as effective as seeing something explicit.

In this case, with resources such as the music, with the door closing, the use of the camera etc,etc .., ok ...does not always work, I would dare to say that most of the time in most movies it fails; in this movie that was very well done. It does not change my opinion about the movie I'm afraid, (I still think the end especially stinks), but I do recognize that aspect of the movie was very well done. Credits to the director!.

Offline CountOrlok

• Debauched
  • We're all just complicated arrangements of atoms
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 08:00:41 PM »
That's a good point about the ending, Renacimiento.  If they had just stuck to true events, it would have been better.  I know they change things for dramatic purposes, and I don't know what the director's intent was.  But in reality the girl escaped and notified the police and both perpetrators were arrested.  I would actually prefer they stuck to the facts mostly, and just change small things, rather than just use the facts as the basic plot, and change everything else.  The time that worked was with Wolf Creek, but Wolf Creek was not closely based on any one case, but multiple real events and people.  This is too closely linked with that one case, that if you read up about it, is basically the plot of the movie.  So the changes they made irritated me, as this could have been another Snowtown or Out of the Blue.

Good performances by the actors, though and well shot.  I like how they recreated 1980s WA (the Telecom telephone booth, for example, is a detail not many would notice, but authentic to the period).

Offline Mayvmi

• GORE WHORE
  • EHC Moderator
  • Debauched
  • 28:06:42:12
    • Reviews
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 04:15:28 AM »
Chilling movie, I agree on Vicki's hidden scene of abuse, leave it to the imagination.

Offline Seikotik

• lawless
  • EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • destroy/create
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »
This flick just popped up on my radar.

Looking to grab the physical release in November.