Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

mentalheadtraumafilms
by splat
[Yesterday at 10:38:17 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by Mr. Awesome
[Yesterday at 09:44:37 PM]
Someone Down There Likes Me (2009)
by splat
[Yesterday at 09:11:55 PM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by splat
[Yesterday at 07:47:01 AM]
Difficulty Breathing {2017} 2018 Release
by Mayvmi
[Yesterday at 02:21:05 AM]
Lady Krampus {2016}
by splat
[November 23, 2017, 08:31:03 PM]
Mouth To Mouth (2005)
by perturbed
[November 22, 2017, 11:18:36 PM]
The Man With Two Brains (1983)
by perturbed
[November 22, 2017, 11:10:15 PM]
The President's Last Bang (2005)
by perturbed
[November 22, 2017, 11:05:03 PM]
The Strangers: Prey At Night (2018)
by splat
[November 21, 2017, 10:22:00 PM]
Withdrawal (2017) - Short Film - Mayvmi Films
by splat
[November 21, 2017, 09:57:50 PM]
The Bad Man (2016)
by woodenheart
[November 21, 2017, 07:33:03 PM]
Blade of the Immortal {2017}
by Seikotik
[November 21, 2017, 04:46:35 PM]
BRUTAL. A Japanese Extreme Violent Romance Film
by Mayvmi
[November 21, 2017, 04:25:53 PM]
black lava entertainment
by woodenheart
[November 20, 2017, 06:03:02 PM]

Author Topic: Post The Last Movie You Watched  (Read 1463029 times)

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • Deadbeat posting at Dawn
Post The Last Movie You Watched
« on: January 21, 2013, 08:35:19 AM »
Just talk about what you watched and rate it accordingly.

I always look through these sections to get recs!

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
Re: Post your recent horror movie viewed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »

Mentioned that this is one of my favourite Haunting Movies over at the UHM Forum http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/uhm/showthread.php?40141-Ghost-Movies/page2 #37.

Atmospheric with a real feeling that something was peering out of the id. This time around I didn't find it as scary as in my first couple of watches. It had been years since I saw it last and have watched a tonne of horror movies in between. But in making that statement it still very much entertained me.

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • EHC Moderator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
Last Non-Horror Film Watched?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »
I'm pre sure we know this drill. Move out maggots!

I just watched Pulp Fiction on BluRay, bloody brilliant transfer might I add. I can't believe I hated this when I first saw it. Shame on me. 10/10
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
Re: Last Non-Horror Film Watched?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 03:21:25 AM »
TITANIC then THE NOTEBOOK last night :ill:....not really  ;D

No I watched a good movie instead...THE USUAL SUSPECTS

Hadn't viewed this in quite a long time so when I looked at it in the public movie library area in my lounge room I thought why the fuck not. Still entertaining, was surprised actually at how quick certain bits in the movie went so fast.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:06:53 PM by Splat »

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 08:59:43 AM »

Lets be honest, you don't watch this movie to be scared. It is just for pure entertainment. Actually maybe some people may get scared at the promise it holds but we won't go there into the workings of a lambs mind.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 03:04:01 AM by Splat »

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • Tu Fui, Ego Eris ~
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 07:23:43 PM »
I watched Shame 2011 last night, the film is basically this: the protagonist is apparently an absolute winner, a luxury apartment in New York, and a relentless sexual life, but soon we will see how behind the facade the only thing there is a deep void .

Sex for him is a way of concealing the impossibility of establishing a single connection with a minimum depth. Everything changes the day her sister appears in his life again, her presence disturbs her brother to the point of making him feel uncomfortable with his life.

From that moment his compulsive obsession with sex in all its forms, it becomes for him something he has to hide, something that in the eyes of others causes him shame. ~ 8 / 10.

Offline General Ox

• EHC Moderator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
I was looking at Shame in the store not a week ago. But I hadn't seen it or heard anything about it so I put it down. I may have to give it s shot.

Jackie Brown (first viewing)

I've see this normally is contender for QT's worst flick (it competing against Death Proof on most lists)

But I don't hate it, I had NO idea what the film was about or who was in it when I got it. It is a lot different to all the other QT films I've seen though. I think it's weakest point is the dialogue, which there is pretty much nothing but for 2 hours until shit happens the last 30 or so minutes. Which isn't a bad thing but it just didn't seem up with the dialogue in QTs first two films. Whether this being based on a novel had restrictions on him or what, I don't know. However it's still handled pretty fucking good, and the characters are all good (and well acted). I think I'll have to watch it gain to fully appreciate it, now that I know what I'm in for.
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline General Ox

• EHC Moderator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:52:23 AM »
Kill Bill Vo1

Not the greatest Blu transfer but it has improved. The KB films are easily my favourite of QT's (that I've seen) I just love how they are one huge homage to older Eastern films, and Spaghetti Westerns.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 05:33:49 AM »

Another movie I hadn't seen in quite a while. Appreciated the nastiness of the serial killer and his original modes of murder. But apart from this there was something about this movie this time around that annoyed me. To be frank I am not quite sure what it is but it was there. Not bad to pass some time with though.

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • Tu Fui, Ego Eris ~
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21:55 PM »
I was looking at Shame in the store not a week ago. But I hadn't seen it or heard anything about it so I put it down. I may have to give it s shot.

You should try it, but remember it is a drama, the kind that go from less to more,  that hide and suggest more than they say, but above all of very good performances and a story well told.

Jackie Brown (first viewing)

I've see this normally is contender for QT's worst flick (it competing against Death Proof on most lists)

But I don't hate it, I had NO idea what the film was about or who was in it when I got it. It is a lot different to all the other QT films I've seen though. I think it's weakest point is the dialogue, which there is pretty much nothing but for 2 hours until shit happens the last 30 or so minutes. Which isn't a bad thing but it just didn't seem up with the dialogue in QTs first two films. Whether this being based on a novel had restrictions on him or what, I don't know. However it's still handled pretty fucking good, and the characters are all good (and well acted). I think I'll have to watch it gain to fully appreciate it, now that I know what I'm in for.

I'm not an avid fan of Tarantino, but some of his movies are pretty good and mostly I admire his audacity to tell stories in a more daring way than we normally see. Anyway, Jackie Brown from what I remember was quite good and I think if Tarantino would not have impacted so much with Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown surely would be better appreciated by all.

Offline General Ox

• EHC Moderator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 02:25:19 AM »
Kill Bill Vol. 2
The transfer is better than Vol.1 but still not draw dropping. Fuck I love these KB flicks. My favourite QT films, I haven't seen anything he has done since them though, but I'll be checking them out between now and tomorrow. Apart from Unchained.

I just think these KB flicks are near perfect. I love all the homages he has sprinkled throughout!

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 06:32:50 AM »

Finally watched the STRAW DOGS remake, one of the better ones in fact.

Thought it was a nice move to have it set in the Mississippi in a backwaters town. Alexander Skarsgard played a good bad guy. Did feel the rape could have been a touch more brutal, but then I do understand the reason why it was shown this way. The ending was pretty brutal which was good.

I enjoyed this and wished I had seen it a lot sooner.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • Deadbeat posting at Dawn
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:06:10 PM »
I really liked this too. The original is amazing but this I hold as a different story of the same subject...if you know what I mean. : )

Alexander Skarsgard is awesome in any role he plays.

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
I really liked this too. The original is amazing but this I hold as a different story of the same subject...if you know what I mean. : )

Alexander Skarsgard is awesome in any role he plays.

I certainly do knowwat you mean and did something similar. I felt it was very smartly done and yes he is awesome with whatever role he plays...even in that piece of crap BATTLESHIP  :-[

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 04:20:19 PM »

As the poster states EBOLA SYNDROME! I won't go into it too much as I did do a review on it in the Cat III thread  ;) All I will say is if you haven't seen it do yourself a favour and do so, it's bloody entertaining.