Happy Halloween

Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

The Trick or Treaters {2015}
by splat
[Yesterday at 11:49:59 PM]
Candy Corn {2018}
by Mr. Awesome
[Yesterday at 09:28:39 PM]
Fuck Yeah Halloween! {2017}
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 08:58:16 PM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 11:14:12 AM]
American Guinea Pig
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 06:12:33 AM]
Creatures From the Abyss (1994)
by splat
[Yesterday at 02:17:41 AM]
Withdrawal (2017) - Short Film - Mayvmi Films
by Mayvmi
[October 20, 2017, 10:50:40 PM]
Antithesis (2016)
by splat
[October 20, 2017, 10:40:17 PM]
magGot Films...{films that kill}
by splat
[October 20, 2017, 06:04:27 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by splat
[October 19, 2017, 09:00:21 PM]
black lava entertainment
by splat
[October 19, 2017, 08:50:39 PM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[October 19, 2017, 04:47:23 PM]
House of Blood {2013}
by splat
[October 18, 2017, 05:30:41 PM]
Tantrum 2: Phantom of the Demon
by splat
[October 17, 2017, 08:43:30 PM]
Sulphur for Leviathan
by woodenheart
[October 16, 2017, 05:33:11 PM]

Author Topic: Joe Stauffer ~ An Independent Masterpiece  (Read 3094 times)

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • Deadbeat posting at Dawn
Joe Stauffer ~ An Independent Masterpiece
« on: January 17, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »
Joe Stauffer is an independent filmmaker from Wilmington, NC...

Biography~
Native to North Carolina, Joe Stauffer broke into film and video production in his late teens. Beginning his career with music videos, Stauffer’s musical background gives his visual style a unique and rhythmic quality. Through years of experience as a director of photography and editor on multiple feature films, short films, music videos, and commercial projects, Stauffer has developed an extensive skill set that provides him with a clear technical understanding of filmmaking from writing to post-production. As an owner of a Red One Digital Cinema camera, Stauffer knows his camera’s capabilities inside and out giving him a technical edge that is all too often overlooked in the new age of digital cinema. Although fluent in digital formats, his work has been described as having a deeply organic feel that captures the audience.

Known for his leadership, integrity, and creative vision, Stauffer never fails to impress with his artistic endeavors. Budget size doesn’t affect beauty or precision when Joe Stauffer is behind the camera. Having directed a plethora of film and commercial productions, Stauffer makes every project he takes on a new and unique example of his creative talents and skill.

So, my site {EHC} had been launched for a few months. I needed to fill this place with the goodness of gore. Oh, it had its fair share of German gore, old favorites underground gore, foreign film gore but I wanted something different. Something current, something that would enter my mind, twist it all certain ways, capture my heart and give me that feeling I love when I watch indie films...and then I met Pieces of Talent.

I bought the down load, sat back...and let it consume me.

I had to know this director. I had to have this film in my hands.

Joe and I met up on FaceBook. I'm really not a good Facebooker. I use it more to learn about films, a tool of sorts.. I guess he saw how much we loved his film. He is an amazing director. One of my favorites ever. So full of passion for filmmaking and a genuine person. He is kind and  interested in my thoughts, my feelings about film, horror and I dug that. 

Some linkage;

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2914045/

http://joestauffer.com/

http://shutterblademedia.com/

http://piecesoftalent.com/

https://www.facebook.com/joestaufferfilms

Now for the best part..Photographs! : )

WINNER!

Creating..  :idea:

Gorgeous!

Award Winning!

So this is my little part of the internet dedicated to Joe Stauffer  :black_heart:

He has a few projects in the works, one is an upcoming film called;

To Be Continued.. ; )

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
Re: Joe Stauffer ~ An Independent Masterpiece
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:30:26 PM »
AWESOME!!! Yes Joe has a tonne of talent and from my own experiences in the short periods we conversed via face Book is an awesome guy! Look forwards to the continuation : )

Offline obscured

• Twisted
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »
Shit, I watched the trailer for that azalea with my speakers turned up really loud. (used for music mixing and such, just never turned it down.) I about fell out of my damn chair lol

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 12:33:06 AM »
This certainly sucks big cock...it's a shame.

I got this from Joe's FB.  :cantlook:

Joe Stauffer
January 17 near Wilmington, NC

DISTRIBUTION COMPANY:
We think your movie is amazing! It has won a ton of awards and gotten great feedback from the audience. It is really going to sell thousands of copies and make a huge profit. We would like to distribute it.

ME:
That is great, thanks for the kind words. We invested a lot of time and money into this film, and in good faith of your claims of profitability, we would like a cash advance in exchange for the right to profit from our film since we haven't even made back our budget yet.

DISTRIBUTION COMPANY:
We don't do cash advances. Sorry. We can give you 20% of the profit we make from selling your movie.

ME:
Oh.. well, that sounds like a joke. Bye.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 12:37:29 AM »
Happier Visuals;

Location scouting our new film with Aerli Austen and Ben Woods….

Offline splat

• mentalheadtraumafilms
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 01:33:56 AM »
That distribute thing REALLY sux cock, what a bunch of cunts!!!

Love those behind the scenes shots!

Offline JHar888

• Twisted
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 09:05:04 AM »
Some distribution companies survive off of trying to screw naive filmmakers. Good thing Joe isn't that.
Another Evil Night - the sequel to the 1992 cult classic Evil Night...coming this October.

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:14 AM »
Making Movie thoughts by Joe Stauffer:

Joe Stauffer Jason Mccracken First of all, I want to thank you for your support of my film. I can understand why $250,000 would seem like a lot. Trust me when I say that it isn't. For example, Pieces of Talent costed over $75,000 to create. Keep in mind that me and David Long did not get paid, and that I did more than 5 major jobs on that production. Also factor in that my camera and equipment(at the time) costed about $50,000 and we didn't even have to pay to rent it (since I own it). Dave Dunbar, you are correct, $250,000 is quite small in the grand scheme of things. An average team member gets between $150 - $250 a day for their labor(which is very low) Multiply that average of $200/day by 15 (which is a tiny crew) and you get $3,000 per day for just crew wages. Now add rental equipment. My camera, grip and lighting package rent for between $1,500 - $2,500 a day depending on what is included. Now, factor in post production. A quality editor is gonna run you around 15k, same for sound design, same for score. Again, these numbers are low... So we have crew (3,000/day x 30 shooting days) = $90,000 plus rental ($1,500/day x 30 shooting days ) = $45,000 plus post production $45,000... We are already at $180,000 and that doesn't even include preproduction, props, locations, food, insurance, travel, actors, DVD and Bluray disc replication, marketing (which is another $150,000 at LEAST) Believe me, I would love to just make films for free because I absolutely love it. There is a reason that my camera costs four times what my car does (Red Epic vs Honda Odyssey :D) Simply put: I can stretch a budget, but it still takes money, because the amazing and talented people that I work with do this for a living and rely on compensation to put food on the table, and there is no getting around marketing costs. Once you have a film, it is very expensive to let people know about it. Yes we have a great underground scene that I am truly grateful for, however, there is a broader reach needed in order to return an investment such as a film. It's a risky investment at that, so finding someone willing to put a budget down is tough, especially since I am not a talker...I am a doer. I am totally more than willing to answer any questions you have about this kind of thing in order to clear up any misconceptions folks might have about the true cost of things. Thanks for reading this whole thing, I love you guys, I need my morning coffee now.
Like · Reply · 4 hrs

:red_heart:

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 05:13:41 AM »

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator