Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by ChetManley
[Today at 06:00:48 PM]
Timbuktu (2014)
by perturbed
[Yesterday at 11:40:54 AM]
16 Years of Alcohol (2003)
by perturbed
[Yesterday at 11:08:33 AM]
CAT IV COLLECTIVE
by woodenheart
[August 16, 2017, 09:15:49 PM]
Flesh and Blood A Go! Go!
by woodenheart
[August 16, 2017, 09:03:35 PM]
The Bizarre Art of Samantha {2018} Adrian Baez
by woodenheart
[August 16, 2017, 08:56:14 PM]
The Acid Sorcerer Indiegogo
by splat
[August 15, 2017, 10:56:48 PM]
Bestialita (aka Dog Lay Afternoon) (1976)
by Mario
[August 15, 2017, 08:53:36 PM]
Lung II {2016} ~ A Phil Stevens Picture
by splat
[August 13, 2017, 11:29:56 PM]
Snuffmas ~ A Short Film By Keith Rodriguez
by splat
[August 13, 2017, 10:02:48 PM]
Saturday Morning Massacre {2012}
by splat
[August 12, 2017, 09:55:20 AM]
Short Films From the UNDERGROUND.
by woodenheart
[August 11, 2017, 10:02:07 PM]
Flesh of the Void
by woodenheart
[August 09, 2017, 04:24:03 PM]
black lava entertainment
by splat
[August 08, 2017, 10:49:19 PM]
Tantrum 2: Phantom of the Demon
by splat
[August 08, 2017, 08:58:23 PM]

Author Topic: Himean˘ru aka Himeanole (2016) ~  (Read 569 times)

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • Tu Fui, Ego Eris ~
Himean˘ru aka Himeanole (2016) ~
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:24:13 AM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4949100/

Getting two stories in one, Himean˘ru depicts the story of co-workers where one of them is gunning to make a cafe's waitress his. When the co-worker visits the said cafe to see the waitress his friend is yearning for, he also meets an old class-mate he has not seen in some time. In a twist and transition the waitress tells the visiting co-worker that she is being stalked by a man. That man is none other than the old class-mate.

This is a movie from which I have heard (read) several great things about it. A movie that many say begins with a tone of humor, then change course and give vent to violence and much deeper issues. I can not say much because I have not seen it yet, something that I will do this weekend, but I have many exceptions in it.

The film was rated R-15 in Japan.

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • Tu Fui, Ego Eris ~
Re: Himean˘ru aka Himeanole (2016) ~
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 02:58:29 AM »
Himeanole is a movie that although beforehand I had many exceptions about it, still surprised me. Perhaps it is because it fulfilled what it promised and with more. Himeanole is based on a manga of the same name, which I must admit I had no prior knowledge therefore I can not establish similarities or differences from the original material, so with respect to fidelities, I can say little and nothing. (However, I have included some images that I found of the original material).

What is this movie about? Himeanola is basically about a shy cleaner guy named Okada who in an attempt to help his co-worker to seduce a waitress named Yuka, he ends up finally falling in love with her. But there is a problem, Shoichi Morita, a psychopath is obsessed with the young Yuka.

The film is divided into two clearly differentiable parts, the first part introduces us the characters and we get to know their personalities, dreams, frustrations and daily life in gral, everything goes under the lanes of a Japanese romantic comedy, very cute and nice, and although it is very well done, I think it is important to highlight this point, why? Because maybe many people in these first 40 or 45 minutes end up not too convinced about what they are watching, especially if they expected to see a film of pure horror/crime throughout its all duration. For them ... I can only tell them to have patience, just wait a little longer. In my case in particular I enjoyed the whole movie, even this first part almost sweet and humorous.

It is interesting that when the first part of the movie begins to conclude, only there the credits of the movie begin to appear. "- What? Did not appear at the beginning of the movie?"  Strange, is not it?, like a way to tell us that everything is about to change, that terror is about to be unleashed unceremoniously and fortunaly it will. If you have enjoyed films like I saw the devil this second part you will enjoy it for sure, murders and several perversions will be present.

The direction work is excellent, the transition from the first part to the second is never abrupt, and never feel forced, oh I know you may wonder how a movie that came following the lanes of a romantic comedy can be transformed into a horror/crime film, but believe me this change is never abrupt, Yoshida has been preparing the terrain little by little, and the transition is almost natural.

Meanwhile each of the actors gives everything they have to give, in the first part Gaku Hamada stands out as a young common and normal guy and you feel affection for him. In the second part is to applaud the excellent work of Go Morita as a very charismatic and ruthless psychopath. The story on its part is not behind, everyone has a motive, everyone has a past, and we feel empathy (at least I) with each of the characters, even the ruthless psychopath <3, of course.

If you like Asian cinema, Japanese cinema in particular you should definitely give it a try, it's not a masterpiece by any means, but so far this year is the best I've seen from those latitudes. 8,5/ 10
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 03:07:17 AM by Renacimiento »

Offline Mayvmi

• EHC Staff Writer
  • Debauched
  • 28:06:42:12
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 05:40:46 PM »
I'll add it to my list.
💀

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • Tu Fui, Ego Eris ~
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 04:56:17 AM »
Cool!, I would love to hear another opinion from any of you about this movie.