Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by splat
[Today at 01:36:49 AM]
The Undertaker {1988} Joe Spinell's Last Movie
by splat
[Yesterday at 09:18:51 PM]
Ted Bundy Had A Son
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 05:37:37 AM]
American Guinea Pig: Song of Solomon
by splat
[Yesterday at 01:24:45 AM]
American Guinea Pig: Sacrifice
by splat
[Yesterday at 01:23:29 AM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by Mr. Awesome
[Yesterday at 12:20:11 AM]
Some Animation
by Mr. Awesome
[June 24, 2017, 11:08:20 PM]
Gutterballs 2: Balls Deep | Indiegogo
by JRXTIN
[June 24, 2017, 10:33:35 PM]
Bonehill Road {2017}
by splat
[June 24, 2017, 09:37:31 PM]
Piety {2017}
by splat
[June 23, 2017, 10:54:40 PM]
A Serbian Film Documentary Is Coming!
by Renacimiento
[June 23, 2017, 10:08:31 PM]
Quotes
by IrishG3nt
[June 23, 2017, 06:15:30 AM]
Short Films From the UNDERGROUND.
by woodenheart
[June 22, 2017, 11:28:44 PM]
Yeralti (2012)
by perturbed
[June 22, 2017, 04:32:04 AM]
La Noche de la Ira (1985)
by perturbed
[June 22, 2017, 04:24:07 AM]

Author Topic: Carnage Park {2016}  (Read 1123 times)

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • When I'm fucked up, that's the real me.
Carnage Park {2016}
« on: June 19, 2016, 11:05:09 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4335650/

Director; Mickey Keating  :red_heart:

Release date: July 1, 2016

Part crime caper gone awry, part survival horror film, this 1970s set thriller depicts a harrowing fight for survival after a pair of wannabe crooks botch a bank heist and flee into the desert, where they inexplicably stumble upon Carnage Park, a remote stretch of wilderness occupied by a psychotic ex-military sniper.

Offline Extremefan

• Demented
  • I Don't Live in Darkness. Darkness Lives in Me.
Re: Carnage Park {2016}
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:04:23 AM »
Its gonna be released in July.
half a month to go.
~I'm such a strange human being with unexplained emotions that confuse the shit outta me. ~

Offline Extremefan

• Demented
  • I Don't Live in Darkness. Darkness Lives in Me.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 12:11:21 AM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4335650/
Director:-  Mickey Keating
Writer:-  Mickey Keating
Cast:- Ashley Bell, Pat Healy, James Landry Hébert, Michael Villar, Bob Bancroft.
Cinematography:- Mac Fisken
Music:- Giona Ostinelli
Duration:- 80 mins

Two small time robbers rob a bank and take a female as a hostage, in the back of their car trunk. Now things are messy up here. One of the crook is being shot down by the cops and is bleeding and the other one is just has plans to escape to Mexico and avoid the authorities. But during the road journey, the bleeding guy dies and he needs help to toss the dead body off the car. So he unlocks the trunk and takes the female hostage out, and gets her help in tossing the dead body off the car.
Well things are fine here until, the woman decides to sneak away, but of course doesn't succeed, so shes made to sit beside the robber and get to know him, as who he really is and what are his plans.
So, how did this woman end up with him? Well she happens to be Vivian ( a single woman) who was at the bank that time, requesting her manager to reconsider his options of selling her fathers land to someone, to pay the debt she owed. but ultimately ends up being a hostage during the robbery.
Now, the two characters both are driving close to Mexico, when suddenly someone shoots their car tyre, and in process of it, the robber is killed by a deranged gunman who hates people trespassing his property and he gets joy by killing people for fun. So, he just cuffs the female woman to the car and decides to play the cat and mouse game.
So, who is this deranged guy? why is he doing this? Will he be stopped? and who survives in the end?
That's the basic premise of the movie Carnage Park.
Now acting wise, everyone did a fair job here. Vivian a.k.a Ashley bell deserves some credit for making her character so believable in such tense situations. At first, she ends up being a scared lost soul, but then she gathers up herself and ends up being a tough survivor in this cat and mouse game. Shes the only reason besides the deranged gunman Pat healy to watch out for. Now i did love Pat healy in this movie for a bit. But what i really felt was missing in this movie, was the act. Of course, his talks are cold and menacing and he looks creepy as hell too. but when it comes to the presence and the act, i didn't find him that appealing enough.
So, the cat and the mouse game begins, she ends up back at the killers place and she finds the secret underground tunnel where he mutilates his victims and so, and what happens next forms the movie end.
The killer also has a cop brother in this movie, who is aware of his brothers psychological condition and ends up getting back to the place, after hes been warned by the authorities that the robbers are passing around through the territory, to which the Pat Healy denies any acknowledgement when asked by his bro.
But sadly, the cop is killed by the Vivian in self defense when she accidentally thinks its the killer itself. So now shes stuck with the guilt of killing someone besides the killer.
There's plenty of thrills in the movie, but you will expect nothing new in the story department. but what really keeps this movie going is the amazing performance and the direction and plus some gore effects and killings. If you expect this to be the blood filled soak fest gore fest deal, you will end up in disappointment,  because its too less here.
But whatever you get here totally won't disappoint you.
Would you give it a re-watch probably? Yes, but not too soon, because this movie didn't leave any lasting effect on me.
But still not bad for a watch.

~I'm such a strange human being with unexplained emotions that confuse the shit outta me. ~

Online splat

• compulsive repulsive
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:44:21 AM »
She was never a scared lost soul, every chance she got she went on the attack.

Spoiler below...

Bank manager, then Scorpion Joe by belting him at the first chance she got to taking it to Moss when she got the chance to shoot him in the head.

She was a fighter who did what she had to...yeah she went into a journey into hell and madness but as a true survivor she comes out the other side...scruffled no doubt but alive...

Fuck Carnage Park wasn't good it was GREAT...yes great...characters, imagery, soundscape and landscape...

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • I meant ... everything.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »
You convinced me Splat, I have to watch it now.

I mean not now, now. But I'm going to see it these days.