Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

The Evil Within {2017}
by Renacimiento
[Yesterday at 11:17:03 PM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 09:48:36 PM]
American Guinea Pig: Song of Solomon
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 08:38:44 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by splat
[April 27, 2017, 07:59:10 PM]
Cerebral Films
by splat
[April 26, 2017, 11:50:34 PM]
The House That Jack Built (2018) ~
by Renacimiento
[April 26, 2017, 11:41:53 PM]
Le notti del terrore (The Nights of Terror) AKA: Burial Ground (1981)
by splat
[April 26, 2017, 09:46:16 AM]
Zombi 3 (1988)
by splat
[April 25, 2017, 10:28:01 PM]
The Black Gloves (Feature Film) Owlman Supernatural Horror
by woodenheart
[April 25, 2017, 06:48:03 PM]
OFF{al} (2016)
by splat
[April 25, 2017, 04:42:06 PM]
Revolution 666 {2015}
by splat
[April 24, 2017, 07:50:40 PM]
Escape From Cannibal Farm {2017}
by dobermann65
[April 24, 2017, 12:38:58 PM]
Sinistre {1994/2017}
by woodenheart
[April 23, 2017, 07:59:06 PM]
Assist HM&M Films: Blood Moon River
by splat
[April 23, 2017, 06:02:58 PM]
Candy Corn {2018}
by woodenheart
[April 23, 2017, 05:08:34 PM]

Poll

What is your favourite film of the AU Trilogy?

August Underground
2 (22.2%)
AU Mordum
5 (55.6%)
AU Penance
2 (22.2%)
Haven't Experienced any of the AU films.
0 (0%)
I don't like them because….!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: The AU Trilogy Thread  (Read 9400 times)

Offline splat

• compulsive repulsive
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
The AU Trilogy Thread
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:37:34 PM »

To mark the news of a AU Trilogy Boxset straight from the mouth of Fred Vogel when he was interviewed on FDTC Radio  http://extremehorrorcinema.com/index.php?topic=3019.0 Sadistic Cinema Extreme Horror Cinema has The AU Trilogy Fan Thread.

The August Underground Trilogy documents the killing spree of a man and his associates as they go on a rampage of bloody madness and destruction! Love them or hate them the experience of gore, sickness, insanity, filth and depravity the AU films showcase certainly have an effect on the viewer!

Following are the trailers and synapses of each film ~ August Underground, August Underground Mordum and August Underground Penance ~ are quoted directly off the Toe Tag site http://www.toetag.biz as I felt it is in Fred Vogel and co words that would best describe these films and what they mean to them...

Imagine walking down the street and finding an unmarked VHS tape. Curiosity peaked, you take it home and pop it in. What starts off as two men screwing around with a video camera quickly transforms into an ultra-realistic torture sequence where the unidentified psychopaths tape their exploits as the torment and violate a woman tied to a chair. The sodomy of your morals continues throughout the entirety of the footage, while subtly revealing the killer's shattered pasts via the interactions with the victims and each other. The most shockingly realistic portrait of a serial killer's existence is FRED VOGEL'S AUGUST UNDERGROUND.

The sequel to the cult classic August Underground, is a character study in the sick: an amoral, putrid, masturbatory fantasy. The found footage contained inAugust Underground's MORDUM documents extreme deviant sexuality, torture, and murder, while unfolding a classic tale of a man and woman in love. However, the woman cannot give up her other lover, who also happens to be her younger brother. Exploiting the trio of killers and their deviant ways with issues such as child abuse, incest, rape, and their effects on the human psyche, August Underground's MORDUM will vomit all over you and leave you for dead.

The final film in the August Underground trilogy, PENANCE shows the dark decline of the two nameless killers as they continue to videotape the madness along their path of destruction. PENANCE captures the raw emotion of every moment caught in the camera's eye, scorching your soul with brutal depravity and a perverse sadness that will linger much longer than the disturbing visions on the screen.

Love them or hate them August Underground and the films that followed most certainly had an effect on people. This here thread, The AU Trilogy Thread, is all about experience of the myriad of viewers who have gone and had their voyage into AU and beyond. Please share your feelings good or bad about what you saw for the reading pleasure and the sake of cinematic romance of your fellow members and guests of Extreme Horror Cinema. Also; maybe you have some sort of special experience with these, say you went to a festival where it showed or what have you, or you want to share some rare piece of history from AU or just found some stills you felt needed to be seen here….please share with us and keep this thread interesting for future visits to it for everyone.

Keep an eye on The AU Trilogy Fan Thread for updates from Toe Tag as they spread the sickness that is the August Underground Trilogy!

Go buy some sickness today; be it one of the AU films or one of the other awesome films in the Toe Tag discography along with other experiences from the Underground http://www.toetag.biz/store/

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:23:42 PM by splat »

Offline splat

• compulsive repulsive
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
Re: The AU Trilogy Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 11:33:42 PM »
Have added a pol, please consider meeting out your choice in the replies with why : )

Fred Vogel Interview - PSYCOW Ep. 10 ~

Offline biosphere

• Twisted
  • My Brain Sucks - You Should Know That!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 03:30:23 AM »
Without a shadow of a doubt AU Mordum!!

In general I think the AU trilogy has to be recognised as one of the most effective and important trilogy's of the genre "extreme".  It is a trilogy that should and needs to be part of any horror fan's collection.

IMO - AU Mordum has much more to offer than the other 2.  I'm not saying that AU & AU Penance are not good films by any stretch, but for me with AU Mordum it was one of those films which left my mind feeling that it had just been visually raped by what I witnessed when I watched it the first time.  AU Mordum pretty much ticks every box when it comes to taboo's.  Torture, Rape, Necrophilia, Peadaphilia, Incest - you name it, all included in 1 fucked up and complete genius piece of film-making!!

AU Mordum is without a doubt (IMO) Fred's best piece of work with 2nd place being awarded to "The Murder Collection".

For me AU Mordum is a different kind of film than the other 2.  It leaves you feeling numb, disturbed and wanting to watch it again!! 

Fred Vogel - we bow down to you!!!!   :yay: :yay:

"I was addicted to you".....WAS?!?!

Offline splat

• compulsive repulsive
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 07:48:43 AM »
Agreed; for me it is Mordum as well, in the whole look, the sick visuals along with the nihilistic storyline. I do really like the other two and I feel they build up in the whole experience of the journey of killer. Just now thinking on this Fred's character is almost like a Henry or Manson like character who draws other's into his fucked up vision.

I see the original as the build up; where he starts using the camera along with the camera man. Then we get Mordum where he has his followers and is really in the grip of his journey. Lastly; after many years of experience with the camera things are clearer BUT time has taken it's toll and everything is fracturing!

In the end though, though the film maker has his vision of what he wants it is up to the viewer to take in what they do with the experience!

Offline Dave

• @Cinematic Shocks
  • EHC Moderator
  • Depraved
    • Cinematic Shocks
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 07:13:09 AM »
Vote went to 'Penance' because it has a layer of emotion with its mellon collie.     

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • When I'm fucked up, that's the real me.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »
AU Mordum, no doubt.

It made me feel a whole bunch of emotions and I was wondering why I was watching this, but I didn't stop. I liked how these disturbing feelings made me feel. I wanted to experience more.

Me and someone very special watched this movie together and that added to the sickly love I have for this film.  :black_heart:

Most definitely this boxset will grace my shelf.

Offline Seikotik

• EHC Moderator
  • Demented
  • Lawless
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 06:55:42 PM »
If I had to pick one, Mordum.

But I adore the trilogy so much.

Offline splat

• compulsive repulsive
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 08:58:42 PM »
As I mention in the above and elsewhere over the years I see the AU serious more than just Fred Vogel improving as a film maker BUT of the character he portrays as becoming a better filmmaker out of natural progression. First of he is a guy who just buys what could be seen as a cheap camera to record his nefarious deeds, then in the second with the entering of his girlfriend and her brother things change and become more extreme, then by the events of the last film they have improved by naturally obtaining a better camera and the natural progression of skill in using it. Along with this the tension in the relationship in the third that could be in part to do with the reason why maggot isn't there erupts and transfers to aspects of their existence…especially with Crusty's apparent guilt with what she has been involved with. Mind you it's been a while since I have experienced Penance.

In the end though these films offer a lot to each of us fans at many levels; from the base to the technical and intellectual. Personally I am attracted to all aspects, it really depends on where I am inside my head at the time. Maybe some time this is more of a masturbatory experience while at other times it is more for the shock of what man can do to each other. Life is complex and simple depending on the moment each of us are in!

Starting and finishing a paragraph with the same word takes skill…wallow in my awesomeness  :eat:

Offline NekroVomit

• Twisted
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
Definitely the first one, much more beliveable than the others who are for me a mess of screaming and over the top acts of "perversions". It's too much, you don't believe it.

I have all three snuff editions and they are great to have but I wouldn't say they are my favorite extreme films but hail Fred Vogel and keep spreading the sickness!
"I love to kill people. I love to watch them die. I would shoot them in the head and they would wiggle and squirm all over the place, and then just stop. Or I would cut them with a knife and watch their faces turn real white. I love all that blood." - Richard Ramirez

Offline bicsam40

• Twisted
  • Death Blooms
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 01:31:16 PM »
August Underground was my favorite not only because it spawned the trilogy but also because it was so punishing on me without even showing much blood or effects. The acting will always stay with me. So brutal and relentless. I loved Mordum, and Penance but cant watch them like I do the first one.

Offline Mayvmi

• EHC Staff Writer
  • Debauched
  • 28:06:42:12
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »
I am happy to say that finally...
I have just purchased AU and AU Mordum signed copies and can't wait for them in the mail  :black_heart:
💀

Offline Extremefan

• Demented
  • I Don't Live in Darkness. Darkness Lives in Me.
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 11:27:45 PM »
That's awesome.
Might give it a chance someday, though i have just seen August Underground movie only.
~I'm such a strange human being with unexplained emotions that confuse the shit outta me. ~

Offline splat

• compulsive repulsive
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »
Added new trailers to the thread.

Offline Extremefan

• Demented
  • I Don't Live in Darkness. Darkness Lives in Me.
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 01:56:24 AM »
Might check them sooner.
~I'm such a strange human being with unexplained emotions that confuse the shit outta me. ~