Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by bluesbro41
[Today at 11:56:20 AM]
Bloody Muscle Bodybuilder in Hell (2014)
by splat
[Today at 09:07:05 AM]
Flesh of the Void
by Renacimiento
[Today at 01:35:35 AM]
Escape From Cannibal Farm {2017}
by Odin 22
[Yesterday at 09:31:35 PM]
American Guinea Pig: Song of Solomon
by woodenheart
[Yesterday at 07:24:31 PM]
Her Name Was Torment II ; Agony
by splat
[Yesterday at 06:53:11 PM]
Bat Pussy (1973)
by DolphinsFan83
[Yesterday at 10:57:04 AM]
Vulgar {2000}
by splat
[Yesterday at 10:27:19 AM]
Himeanôru aka Himeanole (2016) ~
by Renacimiento
[Yesterday at 04:24:13 AM]
Some Animation
by Mayvmi
[June 26, 2017, 09:10:46 PM]
Bonehill Road {2017}
by dobermann65
[June 26, 2017, 10:47:20 AM]
mentalheadtraumafilms
by dobermann65
[June 26, 2017, 10:43:04 AM]
Ted Bundy Had A Son
by dobermann65
[June 26, 2017, 10:39:49 AM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by splat
[June 26, 2017, 03:37:38 AM]
The Undertaker {1988} Joe Spinell's Last Movie
by splat
[June 25, 2017, 09:18:51 PM]

Author Topic: Flesh of the Void  (Read 4733 times)

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • When I'm fucked up, that's the real me.
Re: Flesh of the Void
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 03:54:44 PM »

As promised, here is the second of the three new Flesh of the Void posters! This one is quite different from the last, with a lot of white in it, as opposed to the very dark previous one, while still perfectly capturing the grotesque essence of the film.

Poster art by David Chance Fragale.

Stay tuned for the third one tomorrow!

Here it is, the third and last of the new posters from Flesh of the Void. The first one was brutal and gritty, the second one very bright and grotesque, this one though just really gets across this dreadful feeling of absolute void, which is fantastic.

Again, we can't thank David Chance Fragale enough for providing us with these posters, they turned out amazing! We are going to use the bright one from yesterday as the main one for now.

Regarding the film itself, we still have tons of production stills from the various shoots, which we're going to post this upcoming week. We'll also receive a small part of footage back from development tomorrow, so there's a good chance you might be seeing new film stills soon. Stay tuned for more!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »
Flesh of the Void
Page Liked · 1 hr ·

Check out this new still from Flesh of the Void! We're not gonna say what's happening in this scene, but besides being really uncomfortable, it's also quite sad. We're not going to say why though, you'll have to find that out yourself.

This particular shot, like most of the second half of the film, was shot on 16mm, and it's the exact reason why we love shooting it so much. The grain and sharpness are stunning, and it just has this organic, thick look that makes analog so beautiful. For exactly that reason, you can expect a lot more films to be shot on celluloid from Sodom & Chimera Productions in the future. Let's keep film alive!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »
Check out this new film still from Flesh of the Void. If you've seen Sodom & Chimera Productions other short 'The Law of Sodom', this may actually look extremely familiar to you. We've always loved weird figures in gas masks. For some reason, wearing that mask completely rids you of any human personality and gives you a bizarre, animal look instead. This will most likely not be our last film that includes people wearing these.

Also, by shooting this short scene, we finally got to capture the gas mask man on 16mm, which really is the main reason of why this exact shot works so well. Shooting a feature entirely on film is the most beautiful thing we have ever had the pleasure of doing, and, as we have mentioned in an earlier post, we will try to continue shooting on it as much as we can. There's actually a short we're planning to shoot on 35mm later this year. We can't say anything at all about it yet, but it will be super dark and bizarre, even though a lot more traditional in terms of horror than our previous films.

Anyway, enjoy this 16mm still for now! We will officially start the final stage of post production on June 10th. You will get to see a lot more new stuff in the weeks after that. Until then, you'll see more production stills than actual film stills from us. We'll keep you updated though. Stay tuned!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2017, 07:51:04 AM »
We've just reached the 400 likes mark! Thanks to everybody who supported this film so far, we greatly appreciate you caring about the film! Now let's get those like numbers even higher! If you want to support us even more than you already did, invite your friends to like this page and/or share this! It would mean a great deal to us, and help immensely in growing our fanbase.
To celebrate this a little, here's a 35mm production still which we thought had been lost. Director James found the negative buried under pieces of paper, and we're super happy about it, since it's a fantastic photograph. Huge thanks to Éon.noir Photography for taking it!
More to come soon, stay tuned!

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2017, 01:23:54 PM »
It's done. After five intense months of production, Flesh of the Void is finally finished. It was a lot of hard work, sometimes very frustrating, often exhausting, but looking back, it was an extremely rich and inspiring experience for all of us. Shooting an entire feature on actual film was beautiful, as well as making something without giving a single thought to the fact that people might hate us for it. Finally having the film finished is an absolutely cathartic moment, and we can't wait to unleash this nightmare onto the masses. The film is only 77 minutes long, yet somehow, we managed to pack quite an overwhelming amount of weirdness in it. It comes in five parts, a prologue, three acts, and an epilogue. All of those parts are unique in their own way, both, visually, and in terms of what is happening in the scenes.
To celebrate not only the fact that the film is finished, but also that we just hit 700 likes on Facebook and 30 000 clicks on the trailer, here are three new stills. They're all very different from each other, and each of them belongs to a different segment of the film.
Stay tuned for more. There is a second trailer coming, which we will release along with some very important information. Let us warn you in advance though: If you thought the first trailer was disturbing, don't bother watching the second one. At this point, we're just hoping Vimeo will allow it and keep it online. You'll figure out why.

Offline Mayvmi

• EHC Staff Writer
  • Debauched
  • 28:06:42:12
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »
Looking forward to the 2nd trailer.
💀

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 06:30:22 PM »
Holy fuck...

Offline woodenheart

• Shy. Sick. Depraved.
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 09:25:28 PM »
 :red_heart:

Sodom & Chimera ProductionsPRO2 hours ago
Thanks Patricia, glad you like it! Also huge thanks to all your support so far, it didn't go unnoticed and it's very much appreciated and valued!

Offline splat

• compulsive repulsive
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 09:25:53 PM »
YESSS...HOLY FUCK!!! Fuck that was amazing!

Offline Renacimiento

• Tenebra
  • Debauched
  • I meant ... everything.
« Reply #24 on: Today at 01:35:35 AM »
With each update this looks better and better.