Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

What are the greatest sex scenes in all of world cinema?
by Mr. Awesome
[Today at 09:48:23 PM]
Colonel Panics (2016) ~
by Renacimiento
[Today at 03:43:24 PM]
Post The Last Movie You Watched
by woodenheart
[Today at 03:34:17 PM]
The Tetsuo Trilogy ~
by Renacimiento
[Today at 03:21:49 PM]
Last documentary that you watched
by Renacimiento
[Yesterday at 08:03:08 PM]
Timbuktu (2014)
by perturbed
[August 18, 2017, 11:40:54 AM]
16 Years of Alcohol (2003)
by perturbed
[August 18, 2017, 11:08:33 AM]
CAT IV COLLECTIVE
by woodenheart
[August 16, 2017, 09:15:49 PM]
Flesh and Blood A Go! Go!
by woodenheart
[August 16, 2017, 09:03:35 PM]
The Bizarre Art of Samantha {2018} Adrian Baez
by woodenheart
[August 16, 2017, 08:56:14 PM]
The Acid Sorcerer Indiegogo
by splat
[August 15, 2017, 10:56:48 PM]
Bestialita (aka Dog Lay Afternoon) (1976)
by Mario
[August 15, 2017, 08:53:36 PM]
Lung II {2016} ~ A Phil Stevens Picture
by splat
[August 13, 2017, 11:29:56 PM]
Snuffmas ~ A Short Film By Keith Rodriguez
by splat
[August 13, 2017, 10:02:48 PM]
Saturday Morning Massacre {2012}
by splat
[August 12, 2017, 09:55:20 AM]

Author Topic: Christmas Cruelty (2013) aka O'Hellige Jul  (Read 3074 times)

Offline splat

• mentalheadtrauma
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
Christmas Cruelty (2013) aka O'Hellige Jul
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »
~ Merry Aussie Christmas EHC ~

Co-directed by Magne Steinsvoll and  Per-Ingvar Tomren, Christmas Cruelty is a Norwegian Christmas slasher flick shot in 2013.

I felt the need to share something of this genre being it Aussie Christmas; I found out about it a few days ago through a status on Face Book. I loved the look of the poster and naturally the name grabbed me. Experiencing the trailer I just knew Christmas Cruelty deserved a place here at Extreme Horror Cinema!

Before I go any farther I shall share the IMDb  synapses of Christmas Cruelty

We follow a serial killer and his victims as they all prepare for Christmas in their own ways. This year it doesn't matter if you have been naughty or nice, Santa is coming to town no matter what, and he knows where you live.

Christmas Cruelty is Magne Steinsvoll debut while it is Per-Ingvar Tomren debut as lead director; he had co-directed 2006's Banzai Motherfucker! while prior to this two shorts. As mentioned in the above Christmas Cruelty is a Christmas themed slasher flick with a not so jolly Saint Nick slaughtering people for whatever reasons I am sure we will find out experiencing this film. The mask up to a point reminds me of Silent Night (2012) but I cannot help but feel this will be the better film from viewing the trailer; no CGI and I felt the violence when it erupts!

My experience of the trailer to Christmas Cruelty

Opening credit gives us this feel that there is a exploitation derived influence to the film. A man opens the door to Santa Claus who has a present for him and his girlfriend/wife. Bam; hammer to the jaw and he is down then the woman’s turn! After this is a montage of different scenes from the movie with images flashing across the screen of gore, mayhem and an insane Christmas of terror for the unfortunate!

It looks really good; love the colour tones applied here with the look of the picture and settings along with the gore and kills naturally! Santa isn’t exactly a copy of Silent Night’s not so jolly giant but he did remind me to a point of him. But in stating that this is most certainly it’s own film and again I feel this will be way better!

I need this in my library of awesome Underground/Indie films!

Christmas Cruelty aka O'Hellige Jul is available from here http://b-isforbest.us/products-page/movies/horror-movies/christmas-cruelty/

~ For Farther Information on Christmas Cruelty ~

Face Book
IMDb

Offline splat

• mentalheadtrauma
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
Re: Christmas Cruelty (2013) aka O'Hellige Jul
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 12:55:44 AM »
One of the filmmakers who directed Christmas Cruelty, Per-Ingvar Tomren, sent me this to review for our luvly site! The ultimate in personalisation; signed, messaged and has Norwegian snow on it…melted naturally  :gum: Amazing how fast this arrived, they were talking slow mail and it only took under two weeks!

Thank you : )

Offline splat

• mentalheadtrauma
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:54:28 AM »
Just finished the review for this awesome film here http://xviews.extremehorrorcinema.com/christmas-cruelty/

Offline splat

• mentalheadtrauma
  • Administrator
  • Gore Master
  • EHC4Life!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 05:46:09 PM »
Watch on I Bleed Indie http://ibleedindie.com/2016/12/22/christmas-cruelty/ The perfect watch for today!