Happy Halloween

Member Panel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Chat Icon

Recent Topics

Post The Last Movie You Watched
by Mr. Awesome
[Yesterday at 11:29:56 PM]
American Guinea Pig
by Mayvmi
[Yesterday at 10:54:36 PM]
Withdrawal (2017) - Short Film - Mayvmi Films
by Mayvmi
[Yesterday at 10:50:40 PM]
Antithesis (2016)
by splat
[Yesterday at 10:40:17 PM]
magGot Films...{films that kill}
by splat
[Yesterday at 06:04:27 PM]
Newest Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS You Have Bought?
by splat
[October 19, 2017, 09:00:21 PM]
Fuck Yeah Halloween! {2017}
by splat
[October 19, 2017, 08:51:42 PM]
black lava entertainment
by splat
[October 19, 2017, 08:50:39 PM]
Unearthed Films
by woodenheart
[October 19, 2017, 04:47:23 PM]
House of Blood {2013}
by splat
[October 18, 2017, 05:30:41 PM]
Tantrum 2: Phantom of the Demon
by splat
[October 17, 2017, 08:43:30 PM]
Sulphur for Leviathan
by woodenheart
[October 16, 2017, 05:33:11 PM]
Cult of Chucky {2017}
by splat
[October 16, 2017, 09:47:40 AM]
Hounds of Love
by Seikotik
[October 15, 2017, 11:11:47 AM]
Befouled {2017}
by woodenheart
[October 14, 2017, 11:29:19 AM]

Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)  (Read 5233 times)

Offline JRXTIN

• Twisted
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 08:11:23 PM »
Ford only agreed to do the film if Han was killed. He wanted Han to be killed off in Jedi but Lucas wouldn't have it. Ford has said its the only way, and best way, for the characters arch to end. He starts out as a no good, semi-outlaw who only cares for himself. So, for him to put his own life down, for others is the ultimate in character development.

I see where he is coming from, but I do think they could have made his death more heroic. I wouldn't say he sacrificed himself for anything.

I wasn't impressed either.  I'm not 100% sure Han is dead though.  I saw an interview with Harrison where he sounded more non-committal then anything, like possibly Han could be coming back.  Not saying it's going to happen, but, looking at the scene again, it appears Han was stabbed up through the intestines and the lightsaber missed his heart.  There's plenty of room to write it as a wound that could be healed by a short stay in the bacta tank.

Offline General Ox

• My world is darker now, than the blackest crow.
  • Administrator
  • Depraved
  • I Trap. I Kill. I Eat.
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 04:27:05 AM »
I wasn't impressed either.  I'm not 100% sure Han is dead though.  I saw an interview with Harrison where he sounded more non-committal then anything, like possibly Han could be coming back.  Not saying it's going to happen, but, looking at the scene again, it appears Han was stabbed up through the intestines and the lightsaber missed his heart.  There's plenty of room to write it as a wound that could be healed by a short stay in the bacta tank.

Yeah, only he then fell a Godawful distance. Followed by that entire planet blowing up. Of whom the only good characters left without him. I can't see any of the Empire soldiers helping him.

And Leia also felt him die, pretty sure it cuts to her having a near heart attack? She also seems to have known what happened without being told by Rey and co as well.
A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Offline JRXTIN

• Twisted
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 10:03:17 PM »
Yeah, only he then fell a Godawful distance. Followed by that entire planet blowing up. Of whom the only good characters left without him. I can't see any of the Empire soldiers helping him.

There's a theory that Han is a latent force user, that's why he's able to fly a big ship like the Falcon through an asteroid field and make it while nimble little TIE fighters are smashing into the rocks. 

If Maul can take being cut in half, maybe Han can take getting stabbed.  I don't know how Maul survived his fall, but I know how Luke survived falling on Cloud City.  It doesn't repeat, but it rhymes - or it repeats. 

Or Han could be dead, but I hope not.  I'd rather find out he was the 200th Doctor. 

Offline JRXTIN

• Twisted
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 10:08:25 PM »
Another thought, if Han is force sensitive then possibly Obi-Wan's force ghost could show up to help him out.  Wouldn't that be ironic?

Offline JRXTIN

• Twisted
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2017, 03:34:42 PM »

Apparently Captain Phasma survived, possibly with a bunch of Stormtroopers.  Han could have put on the Stormtrooper armor and hopped on the shuttle with Phasma.